The Luxury of Custom Cruise Ship Carpet
Cruise ships are a singular symbol for luxury travel. No longer hosting exclusively niche markets, cruises have become increasingly popular of late for anyone and everyone who wants to sail the high seas in style.
The opulence aboard a cruise ship is without compare. Often, a cruise ship’s entire brand rests upon a kaleidoscope of artistic touches. Many of the particulars may go unnoticed by the average passenger, but each component contributes to an overall atmosphere of luxury, particularly cruise ship carpet.
How Does Cruise Ship Carpet Play a Role?
Cruise ship carpeting is no exception to the overall feeling of luxury. Numerous intricate patterns and custom designs exist right under passengers’ feet. Hospitality carpet plays a large role in welcoming customers, as is evidenced in businesses, hotels, homes, etc. In fact, a cruise ship is a perfect home for custom carpet.
Cruise Ship Carpet Design Patterns
Below are examples of custom cruise ship carpeting design patterns, and how they can affect the entire guest experience.
- Linear Geometric Designs may orient passengers to their general location on the ship with the help of lines and angles.
- Round or Spiral Geometric Designs can also point to a place, such as the grand piano in the central lounge.
- Asymmetrical Patterns may lead the way to a social hangout on the ship, like a bar.
- Floral Patterns are sometimes popular in formal dining rooms.
- Painterly Forms are great for carpeting around artistic venues, such as the art gallery.
- Environmental Designs can reflect the ship’s destination or home port.
- Neutral Tones typically work the best in cabin walkways and staterooms.
- The Frills (otherwise known as the “fancy red carpet”) muffles anticipatory steps as the crowds head to the dining room or the theater.
Why is Custom Carpet Necessary?
With a cruise ship’s high traffic, the carpet needs to be the best available. A high-quality weave that will stand the test of time is ideal. Still, even the best carpets need to be replaced every so often. Cruise ship carpets often receive a makeover every few years depending on wear and tear. During a dry dock period, maintenance and custom refurbishments take place.
What is the Mission of Bloomsburg Carpet?
Bloomsburg Carpets Custom Design Studio is committed to providing the only highest quality in hospitality carpet craftsmanship. We pride ourselves on the time tested techniques we utilize to weave beautiful and finely designed work to compliment any space. We are guided by a pledge to employ environmentally friendly and sustainable methods, as many people in the cruise industry are as well.
For more information about the finest custom hospitality carpeting, please contact us today!